11/12/2011

Ante-Post Update

Sprinter Sacre is a horse I wanted to back for the Arkle as soon as the Supreme was over last March. He just looked like a big, strapping chasing type and the best prospect from a high class renewal of the traditional festival opener. Well, he had his first start over fences last Friday and although the opposition were no great shakes he put in a lovely round of fast, accurate jumping and I have topped up my position.
Medermit's honourable defeat in the big race on Saturday hurt a lot at the time, but as I expected the step up to 2m5f really brought about improvement on his previous form this season and I make him a decent bet at this stage for the Ryanair Chase, run over the same trip. It's a race that's tough to punt on at this stage with it not being the confirmed target for a lot of horses, but I can't see a viable alternative for Medermit.

Lastly,doubts have been raised re Captain Chris being ready in time for the King George have suffered the equivalent of a human head cold a couple of weeks ago but I don't buy that as a reason for not getting him fit for Boxing Day. He has drifted slightly on Betfair so a little topping up is in order. Long Run is by far the likeliest winner of the race but I consider my selection his main danger. I have backed Henderson's animal in a double with Peddlers Cross for the Arkle. That animal is Sprinter Sacre's main danger in that race.


King George:
Captain Chris £40w @ 10/1
Long Run and Peddlers Cross (Arkle) £40w double @ 11/8 and 7/2

---------------------------
Supreme:
Simonsig £20w @ 14/1

Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £60w @ 91/10

Champion Hurdle:
Oscar Whisky £10w @ 33/1

Baring Bingham:
Simonsig £12w @ 16/1

RSA:
Hidden Cyclone £10w @ 29/1

Champion Chase:
Captain Chris £20w @ 12/1

World Hurdle:
Mikael D'Haguenet £10w @ 40/1

Ryanair:
Medermit £15w @ 20/1

Spa Hurdle:
Mount Benbulben £20w @ 13/1

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £50w @ 16/1
Denman £10w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment