31/12/2011

Newbury - 31st Dec

At Newbury today we have a fascinating four runner novice chase over 2m3f in which Cue Card takes on Walkon and For Non Stop. I've backed all three of these animals in one race or another in the past and today I favour the Nick Williams horse. He ran really well behind Al Ferof last time out over 2m at Sandown and I think this trip will really suit him. The likely testing ground is against Cue Card and I think Walkon's form has been a tad overrated for all that he has scope over fences. My selection wasn't as good a hurdler as his two rivals today but he stayed further than either and I think he'll be stronger in the finish today given the ground and the seven pounds he gets from them both. Stakes have been reduced for the time being as I am out of form.

For Non Stop £40w @ 11/4 (lost)


(-773)

No comments:

Post a Comment