26/12/2011

Kempton & Leopardstown - Dec 27th

As uplifting as it was to see the great horse win his fifth King George earlier this afternoon I had another poor day and confidence wise I'm on my knees at the moment. It's at times like these when you doubt every selection you come up with but you have to keep plugging on as missing out on a winner is a lot worse than any losing wager.

In the Paddy Power Chase in Ireland I think the bookies have put in Golden Silver at way too big a price. Big Zeb is a top class opponent and is justifiably trading at short odds but Mullins horse has beaten him in the past and is surely a far bigger danger than Noble Prince, a horse who surely needs two and a half miles to be seen to best effect. First time out at Cork Golden Silver didn't jump that well and was very fortunate to win when Osirixamix crashed out at the last when clear. However, my selection is nearly ten years old now and surely his trainer wouldn't have had him in prime condition for such a relatively minor race, albeit one he had won a couple of times in the past. Ultimately his overall form suggests he can give Big Zeb a contest tomorrow and 11/2 is a more than fair price.

Over at Kempton my Arkle fancy Sprinter Sacre takes on Peddlers Cross in a terrific looking Novice Chase and whilst it's a very exciting match up I would rather they left it for March. My original plan was to top up throughout the new year and have a £200+ bet on Henderson's animal but if he wins as I expect him to tomorrow those odds will be pie in the sky. As it is Peddlers Cross is favoured by the layers for tomorrow's clash but Sprinter Sacre is potentially the most exciting chaser I've seen since Denman came on the scene and he's worth a small wager at 6/4.

Golden Silver £60w @ 11/2 (fell) 

Sprinter Sacre £40w @ 6/4 (won)


(-673)

No comments:

Post a Comment