25/12/2011

Kempton - Dec 26th

Boxing Day Kempton is always my favourite thing about Christmas and tomorrow's card does not disappoint.

In the big race I am very keen on Captain Chris. This horse won the Arkle at Cheltenham back in March despite being outpaced at stages and has been crying out for this sort of trip. Long Run will be a tough nut to crack of course and I have saved on him. What makes my selection such a strong bet is the presence of Kauto Star and Master Minded in the race. I give neither of them much hope - the former was trained for his historic win at Haydock the other week and will not have a fitness advantage this time. The latter has little hope of staying. To me it looked like he was fading at Ascot last time and I just can't see him being anywhere near strong enough near the finish here over three miles. Captain Chris has always looked like he was crying out for a trip and I just don't think you could ever say that about Master Minded.


I've also backed Bob's Worth in the Feltham. I'm surprised there is such a disparity in prices between that horse and Grands Crus as they look to have similar chances to my eyes. My selection ran well over an inadequate trip first time out when needing the run and this trip will really suit him. Grands Crus does look a fine chaser in the making but at the odds it's a no brainer really. 


Captain Chris £70w @ 9/1  (lost)
Long Run & Peddlers Cross (Arkle) £40w double @ 11/8 and 7/2. (lost)


Bob's Worth £60w @ 11/4. (lost)


(-670)







No comments:

Post a Comment