13/04/2012

Aintree - 14th April

Another disappointing day on Friday although Wishfull Thinking ran a cracker. I was very interested in seeing Fingal Bay back in action and similar to Sprinter Sacre last year we will not see the best of this beast until he tackles fences. He looks a really strong animal and although I have backed Simonsig for the RSA already I will also punting this horse for whatever novice event he goes for. It's possible they will both go for the same race but at double figure prices I'll be taking that risk.

Saturday is of course Grand National day and my approach is to try and pick out four or five and kind of hope for the best really. I've posted my thoughts on the race, including the reasoning behind my selections in earlier posts. I've added a place bet on Neptune Collonges who ran a really good race behind Giles Cross (the pair of them clear) in the Grand National trial at Haydock on really soft ground a few weeks ago, and I've asked for 16s about Synchronised in running. He'll get behind in the race and may well drift to that sort of price before staying on at the end. As well as the bets already placed I've had a bit extra on three of my selections each way at Victor Chandler who are paying a quarter of the odds SIX places in the race which is a nice concession.


Chicago Grey £15w @ 23/1, £10pl @ 54/10 and £5ew @ 16/1 (VC) (bd)

Cappa Bleu £15w @ 19/1, £10pl @ 4/1 and £5ew @ 16/1 (VC) (4th)

Becauseicouldntsee £20w @ 27/1, £10pl @ 66/10 and £5ew @ 18/1 (VC) (ur)

Giles Cross £10w @ 21/1 and £10ew @ 16/1 (pu)

Neptune Collonges £15pl @ 10/1 (won)

Synchronised £20w @ 16/1 (IR bet) (f)


(-430)


No comments:

Post a Comment