20/06/2012

Royal Ascot Day3



I had a bit of a meltdown when Reliable Man just failed to place in the Prince of Wales earlier today. I thought it was a good bet, and for me he wasn't given the best of rides. Nothing has gone right since Cheltenham but it really is so important to remain positive. I really fancied Captain Bertie for the Hunt Cup and Prince of Johanne had a close form tie in via Fury so I added him on Betfair after much consideration just before the off (I felt it was a little bit of a chasing bet, which I rarely do, but his price was too big)
I was certainly due a winner.

I like Opinion Poll in the Gold Cup tomorrow. He's in rude form, will stay and I think he's improved a tad since his second in the race last year. I think Dettori gave the horse too much to do on that occasion and I expect him to be ridden closer to the pace this time. At over 6/1 on the machine I think he's a good bet.

EDIT: Nice concession from William Hill and the Racing Post. Bet through the latter's App and your stake is returned if your selection is second to Fame and Glory.

It tonked down overnight and is raining right now. This brings Kailani into the equation for the Ribblesdale. She won a listed race at Newmarket on soft at the Guineas meeting and was fancied for the Oaks but she was always at the back in that race, was buffeted a couple or three times in a rough race and was as tidy and graceful coming down the hill as John Terry is in full flight. She has a superb pedigree packed full of stamina and will love the way the ground has turned out. She's by Monsun out of Kazzia who of course won the Oaks and was German bred herself. She'll place at worse.

Ribblesdale:
Kailani £40w @ 84/10 and £20pl @ 19/10 (lost)


Gold Cup:
Opinion Poll £60w @ 64/10 and £30w @ 11/2 (Money Back Concession) (lost)


(-1174)



No comments:

Post a Comment