23/06/2012

Royal Ascot Day5

Last day of the meeting and although I'm in front this blog has taken a kicking as my winner in the Hunt Cup was a last minute bet and thus not posted on here. He had form tie-ins with the horse I did back in the race but I preferred Captain Bertie and I don't like chucking money on two or three horses in those type of races. Prince of Johanne went too big on Betfair though ;)

Anyway, today is Black Caviar day and despite the fact that I have a small bet at 12/1 on Moonlight Cloud I do hope the Aussie mare sluices up.

My only proper bet today is Sea Moon in the Hardwicke. He wasn't brilliant first time out but his trainer is very canny and he doesn't generally have his older horses ready first time up unless they're running in a Group race. So Sea Moon struggles to land the odds in a listed contest whilst in contrast Carlton House is impressive in a Group 2. Sir Michael has had a disappointing time of it the last year or so and he doesn't seem to have any good 3yo's so these two colts are very important to him this season. I expect Sea Moon to be up to the task and fit as a butchers dog this afternoon. John Gosden is in cracking form with three winners yesterday and this has crushed Aiken's price in the race. He's a nice horse but he had the run of the race last time out at Chantilly and I expect one of his beaten foes that day, Dunaden, to reverse placings. Indeed I expect the Melbourne Cup winner to be the main danger to my selection.

Talking of Gosden's winners yesterday, Newfangled was very special in the 2yo race and I took some 16s about her for the 1000 Guineas immediately after.

Hardwicke Stakes:
Sea Moon £60w @ 37/10 (won)

Diamond Jubilee:
Moonlight Cloud £15w @ 12/1 (lost)


(-1027)

No comments:

Post a Comment