08/07/2012

Ante-Post Update

I was impressed with Nathaniel in yesterday's Eclipse but don't see him as a huge threat to Sea Moon in the King George in a fortnight. He won a poor renewal of the race last year and the two week gap between the races this year is a negative for him. My selection for the race has drifted a tad and I have topped up.

Bonfire's poor run in Nathaniel's race is another nail in the coffin for the 3yo Colts this year. And yet Camelot continues to be a short priced Favourite for the Arc in October. As well as ropey looking form his trainer has never won the race with a 3yo - the inference from that being he leaves the race behind them over the summer. I don't like my Arc fancies running in the King George and I have added the Japanese 4yo Orfevre to my portfolio. He's an exciting colt who won his countries triple crown last year and for me he's overpriced at the moment.

Lastly I mentioned the Marcus Tregoning trained Bronze Angel in one of my Royal Ascot entries as being a horse to look out for after his exciting run in the Britannia Handicap. He is priced up for the big mile handicap at Glorious Goodwood (used to be the Golden Mile) and I've taken some 16/1. This is very much a draw race so I won't be stepping in for a normal bet until this is made.

King George:
Sea Moon £55w @ 48/10

Betfred Mile:
Bronze Angel £20w @ 16/1

Arc:
Beauty Parlour £15w @ 15/1
Orfevre £15w @ 18/1


----------------------
Arkle:
Trifolium £5w @ 25/1

Champion Hurdle:
Spirit Son £25w @ 14/1

RSA Chase:
Fingal Bay £20w @ 10/1

Gold Cup:
Flemenstar £40w @ 12/1


-----------------------
1000 Guineas:
Newfangled £15w @ 16/1








No comments:

Post a Comment