20/07/2012

Ascot - 21st July

Tomorrow's King George looks to me like the best renewal for some time with a whole host of classy older horses, including foreign animals, taking part and I have had Sea Moon in mind for the race since before his Hardwicke win. Indeed I risked a whole five pounds on him at 14/1 the day before that victory. He has a similar profile to Harbinger and was almost as impressive in his win at the Royal meeting. I think he was better than the bare result that day as he went for home quite early in the straight.
Eclipse winner Nathaniel is the market leader and is respected and I have hedged on him by putting him in a double with Valyra for the Arc (the Aga filly was impressive in the Diane and is value at 14s with the Ballydoyle horses at the top of the market for that race all being criminally short in the betting)

St Nicholas Abbey is one of those horses and his form does look better going left handed. He's somewhat overrated in my opinion and I consider Arc winner Danedream a bigger danger. She needs to bounce back from a poor run in France last time out however and whilst she's a threat if I'm honest Nathaniel apart none of the others worry me overmuch.

Sea Moon £125w @ 4/1 (lost)

Nathaniel £15w dbl with Valyra (Arc) @ 11/4 and 14/1 (lost)


(-920)

No comments:

Post a Comment