13/07/2012

Newmarket 13th July

I'm not a great fan of this meeting. I have a poor record at the track and so if I do bet there stakes are reduced.

I think Giofra is a decent win and place bet in the Falmouth Stakes this afternoon. She was impressive on good ground in the Prix D'Harcourt in April before finding the mighty Cirrus Des Aigles much too good for her on heavy in the Ganay. I had hoped the rain would stay away last night but that wasn't the case and the ground is soft all round. My selection does handle cut but I would have been a tad more confidence on better ground. Naturally Golden Lilac is a huge danger and she is a worthy favourite - but I think the price differential between the two fillies is a tad excessive. I think the rest of the field are much of a muchness.

Giofra £25w/£15pl @ 9/1 and 16/10 (won)


(-780)

No comments:

Post a Comment