02/08/2014

Goodwood and Thirsk - 2nd Aug

    The bet of the day is Wilde Inspiration in the 4.15 at Thirsk. I backed him last time out over a mile at Chester when he was taken (somewhat unwisely in my view) to the inside from his wide draw even though it was only a small field handicap and had to go wide to make his challenge in the short straight. He ran on really well and although he went up two pounds for that effort he has a three pound claimer on this afternoon and there is no doubt in my opinion that he has a race in him somewhere. There's been rain at the track and this is a furlong shorter than at Chester but he went into my tracker after his unlucky in running second at Doncaster in May over 7f and he has won with cut. A lot of my notebook horses have run at minor meetings on big race days and have been priced lazily as a result (almost all of them were returned much shorter than than their early odds.) I expect him to be a fair bit shorter before the off.

    My other bet is the rather obvious Muthmir in the Stewards Cup. I thought this horse would be too short to back given his hugely impressive romp at York but he drifted to 8/1 on Thursday when he was perceived to be badly drawn. I only had a tenner on at that price as I thought the price might hold in a huge betting event but unfortunately I've only been able to top up at a little over 5/1. For that reason I haven't had the full wedge on and have placed him in a double with Wilde Inspiration.

Stewards Cup:
Muthmir £15w @ 7/1 (lost)

Peter Bell Memorial Handicap:
Wilde Inspiration £40w @ 6/1 (won)

Above two in a £10 double @ 5/1 and 11/2

(+1504.75)




No comments:

Post a Comment