19/08/2014

York - 20th Aug

    Two cracking races on tomorrow's card that opens the four day Ebor Festival and whilst I think Australia and Kingston Hill are solid and hard to oppose I believe Snow Sky is a tad overpriced in the latter's Great Voltigeur. Normally when I have my eye on a 7 or 8/1 shot I'd be looking to go after the favourite but in this case its the two horses priced between Kingston Hill and the selection that make this a tidy betting market. The Cumani trained Postponed and Granddukeoftuscany, a creature from the Ballydoyle factory, are both shorter than Snow Sky and it's the usual case of potential being valued above form on display here and I love taking those type horses on normally. I expect York's long straight to suit my horse and he probably rates a bit better than the bare form of his Gordon Stakes win last time out at Goodwood as he got very warm and colty in the paddock and drifted in price. Like I said at the start Kingston Hill is quite solid at the top of the market and for that reason my bet is of the each way variety.

    The Juddmonte is one of my favourite races of the season and I have seen a few renewals in person. I expect Australia to win despite his trainers comments about him not being 100% fit but it wouldn't surprise me if Telescope gave him a close race. For all that Taghrooda was very impressive in the King George I was a tad disappointed in Telescope that day and I expect a better run tomorrow as like Snow Sky the track will suit him (he won the Voltigeur last year of course.) That being said I'd want better than 11/2 to tempt me.

Great Voltigeur Stakes:
Snow Sky £20ew @ 8/1 (2nd, rule 4)

(+1463.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment