09/04/2015

Aintree - Day 1

    Just a quick post today as I'm off to Aintree today and didn't hear my alarm go off. Jezki was disappointing in the Champion Hurdle but I like his chances today over a trip he is bred to appreciate and I've taken 11/4. Arctic Fire ran well at Cheltenham but in that race and in the Irish Champion he was held up and was ridden to get a place behind his more illustrious stable companions. Today he's favourite and is not guaranteed to stay 2m4f - he's easy to oppose. I fear Rock on Ruby more but he's getting on a bit now and I think my selection will have too much toe for him. The main neg with Jezki is the possibility that he won't settle if they don't go fast enough, it is a concern. But Blue Heron is a front runner and Rock on Ruby won't want a dawdle either so I'm hopeful he'll be fine. It bears pointing it that if he hadn't stumbled over the last at Leopardstown he'd have beaten Arctic Fire comfortably, and he went a bit soon that day also in the hope of stretching out Hurricane Fly - I think McCoy will be much more patient this afternoon. Part of my bet has the money back (as a free bet) if your selection is second concession.

Aintree Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 11/4 and £25w @ 11/4 (won) (bog)

(-24.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment