14/04/2015

Cheltenham - 15th April

 

                                                                 Champion Court - 2013


    I thought I was done betting on the jumps after Saturday's National but tomorrow's cheeky little card at Cheltenham has thrown up a bet. Ataglance has run at the last couple of Festivals with rather differing outcomes - In 2014 he was second to Present View in the Novices' handicap chase but last month finished midfield in the Plate. He's gone down a couple of pounds in the handicap since that last run but the angle I'm using to justify a bet is a prep rather than a ratings based on. Last year he had a spin over hurdles in February before his Festival appearance but this time around that didn't happen - his last outing prior to Cheltenham was in the December Gold Cup, a race I backed him in. He was disappointing that day it has to be said but maybe the ground wasn't quick enough for him. I might be overreaching for a bet here but track conditions are his optimum tomorrow, the opposition look in the main to be exposed and that run at the Festival should have tuned him up nicely. His trainer strikes me as a shrewd one I like that he's bringing the horse all the way from Yorkshire for another crack at a Cheltenham handicap.

Silver Trophy Chase:
Ataglance £20ew @ 6/1 (pu)

(-124.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment