21/04/2015

Ante-Post

    I thought Saturday's card at Newbury was most informative for the future - we saw a very impressive newcomer from the Roger Varian stable and Arab String looks a Group 1 winner in the making after his John Porter win. I didn't acquire any tracker horses but I have backed Estidhkaar for the 2000 Guineas and see this evening that I'm far from being alone in being impressed with his run in the Greenham as his price has been slashed. He was a good looking 2yo who looks that kind of physical specimen one looks for in the early classics and is easily excused his rather disappointing run on soft ground in the Dewhurst last Autumn. He battled back well when headed on Saturday (I like it when a pace setter does this) and will relish the extra furlong in a couple of weeks. I've been after a bet in the 2000 for a while with the market looking way too lopsided in favour of various Ballydoyle horses, none of whom appeal much. Gleneagles is an incredibly short price for a horse that had six runs as a 2yo and he looks quite exposed to me - his odds in no way reflect his chance surely. The other thing about the horses from that stable is they are tending to need their first runs of the season (as I know only too well after a poor bet yesterday on Due Diligence.)


2000 Guineas:
Estidhkaar £25w @ 12/1

1000 Guineas:
High Celebrity NR £15


No comments:

Post a Comment