15/08/2012

Ante-Post Update

As bad as it's been this flat season traditionally the last couple of months or so are usually quite profitable for me and I expect some nice winners in that period. My biggest success last year was Cirrus Des Aigles in October.

I feel I have a good position in the Arc and I'm really pleased to see that Irish Oaks winner Great Heavens is not in the Yorkshire Oaks next week as I really fancy her for the S Leger. She's bred to stay further than a mile and a half and with cut in the ground at Doncaster I think she'll really give Camelot a huge question to answer. It should not be forgotten that Shergar got beat in a Leger.

Britannia third Bronze Angel remains at the top of my horses to follow list. I'm hoping his trainer has the Cambridgeshire in mind for him but I have to be patient and wait for him to come out again. He was actually in the Group 3 Sovereign Stakes tomorrow at Salisbury until the 48hr Decs came out. I do not want a nice run in a conditions race ruining his handicap mark.

I'm going to York next Friday and I like the look of Ortensia who was most taking at Goodwood. But she's a mare who likes it fast under foot and I won't be backing her until the day given our dodgy weather at the moment.

A word on my Cheltenham bets. I have three I really fancy for Festival races next year (more will be written about them come the Jumps season) and my staking plan is just to throw fivers at them when I have a winner.


St Leger:
Great Heavens £25w @ 10/1

Arc:
Beauty Parlour £15w @ 15/1
Orfevre £15w @ 18/1
Valyra £20w @ 165/10



----------------------
Arkle:
Trifolium £10w @ 27/1

Champion Hurdle:
Spirit Son £30w @ 13/1

RSA Chase:
Fingal Bay £30w @ 113/10

Gold Cup:
Flemenstar £40w @ 12/1



-----------------------
1000 Guineas:
Newfangled £15w @ 16/1 

No comments:

Post a Comment