03/08/2012

Goodwood - 4th Aug

The Nassau Stakes that is the highlight of Saturday's card (whatever the hype merchants say about the Stewards Cup) looks a decent enough renewal and I like the chances of the Roger Varian trained Nahrain at around 4/1. She looked a filly of some promise last year and won the Prix de l'Opera at the Arc meeting. She only just held on in that contest but had to overcome a little bit of trouble in running and for me she was better than the are result. She still has scope to progress and this is her first proper challenge of the year after looking to need the run on tacky ground at the Royal meeting. The Gosden trained duo Izzi Top and The Fugue look her main dangers and with the stable jockey choosing the former she is quite a short price at 15/8. I'm not convinced about the British 3yo fillies this year and and I think The Fugue is someway behind Great Heavens in the Gosden pecking order. She doesn't strike me as Group 1 class. Ultimately I think this is a two horse race and I'm going with Nahrain simply because the price differential is a bit too big.

Nassau Stakes:
Nahrain £60w @ 45/10 (lost)


(-962)

No comments:

Post a Comment