25/12/2012

Boxing Day

Traditionally Boxing Day is one of the biggest racing days of the season and we have an excellent card at Kempton as usual and a very interesting novice chase at Leopardstown as well.

My ante post selections all miss the King George and I'm not getting involved on the day. I think Long Run will probably win with the emphasis firmly on stamina given the underfoot conditions but he isn't a price. I like Cue Card, Captain Chris and For Non Stop as horses but don't think any of them will live heavy going.

Dynaste is favourite for the Feltham and he's had a marvellous start to his chasing career but imo he's a terrible price for the RSA at present and I hope he wins well tomorrow and shortens up again. I have recently added Boston Bob to my ante-post Cheltenham portfolio as I think the layers have over-reacted to his rather ordinary chasing bow the other week.

Simonsig was most impressive late last week in his first outing over fences and he probably deserves to be favourite for the Arkle but Arvika Ligeonniere and Oscars Well clash tomorrow in Ireland and I think the former in particular will be a massive danger to Nicky Henderson's star grey if they both make it to the Festival. Arvika attacks his fences with some vigour and I took initial 10/1 quotes about him after his last race because he looked an ideal type for the Arkle. Oscars Well on the other hand looks the type for the Jewson over further, particulary on better ground.

King George:
Al Ferof £30w @ 10/1 (NR)
Finian's Rainbow £15w @ 8/1 (NR)
Sizing Europe Leg 1 of a £10dbl (NR)

(+1098.9)

No comments:

Post a Comment