01/12/2012

Newbury - 1st Dec (Part 2)

I was a bit premature with the blog entry yesterday evening as a study of the Racing Post this morning at work has unearthed another bet. Michael Flips was well touted for the Paddy Power at Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago but he was disappointing in a savage race where only six finished. He's still a well handicapped horse based on his run behind For Non Stop at this track in February and the handicap he's in today is nowhere near as hard as the Paddy Power was. He's second top weight and I always favour the classy horses in races like this. At 10/1 at Victor Chandler I think he's a sporting each way bet.

I've also added First Lieutenant in the Hennessy. I backed him in the RSA last season and detailed earlier in the week why I thought he had claims of reversing the form of that race with Bob's Worth if they met again. At the time I didn't think it would be in this race as the ground looked like it would be soft and First Lieutenant's best form is on a decent surface. The price differential between the two of them for today's race is excessive in any event. I really didn't want more than two horses in such a tough race to be honest but I can't let this animal go at a double figure price on ground that should now suit. He ran a most encouraging race on deepish ground at Down Royal first time out where he battled on once collared by Kauto Stone and today's conditions (soundly run race on goodish ground)  will suit him.

Hennessy Gold Cup:
Magnanimity £35w @ 22/1 and £15pl @ 5/1 (lost)
Frisco Depot £25w @ 13/1 (lost)
First Lieutenant £25w @ 11/1 (lost)

Sportingbet Handicap Chase:
Michael Flips £25ew @ 10/1 (lost)

(+663.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment