31/12/2012

End of Year Thoughts

Overall I've had a good year's punting and the racing has been excellent. I particulary enjoyed my trips to Aintree in April, Newbury in February and Sandown just this month. It was my first visit to the two southern  tracks but I've been going to Liverpool to watch racing for over twenty years as you can see from the Race card below and the course is just so much better than it was back in the day.


This time last year I was in a hole during that Jumps campaign but largely turned it around because of a good Festival. I've since had a profitable summer on the level and am well up for this Jumps season and I really would like to up the staking but other things in my life haven't run as smooth. I've had a four figure dental bill recently that dented the old bankroll but somewhat but another good Cheltenham in March should result in me upping the bet level in the Summer.

Speaking of the Festival, things haven't been running smooth in the ante-post dept recently but there will be opportunities the closer we get to March and of course during the meeting. There are a few market leaders I think will be well worth taking on and I remain confident of coming out of the four days in front.


Arkle:
Trifolium £10w @ 27/1
Arvika Ligeonniere £15w @ 10/1

Champion Hurdle:
Grandouet £25w @10/1

Neptune:
Clondaw Kaempfer £25w @ 13/1

RSA:
Our Father £10w @ 14/1
Boston Bob £25w @ 10/1

Jewson:
Oscars Well £20w @ 16/1

Ryanair:
Finian's Rainbow £15w @ 10/1

Albert Bartlett:
Coneygree £15w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Flemenstar £50w @ 13/1
Sir Des Champs £15w @ 8/1

Non Runners - Total of £110 lost

Doubles:

Grandouet (Champion Hurdle) and Sir Des Champs (Gold Cup) £10 @ 12/1 and 6/1

Boston Bob (RSA) and Flemenstar (Gold Cup) £10 @ 8/1 and 7/1

Boston Bob (RSA) and What a Name (1000 Gns) £10 @ 10/1 and 14/1

Captain Conan (Jewson) and Silviniaco Conti (Gold Cup) £10 @ 6/1 and 9/1

Coneygree (AB) and What a Name (1000 Gns) £10 @ 12/1 and 14/1











No comments:

Post a Comment