07/12/2012

Sandown and Aintree - 8th Dec

I'm writing my thoughts and bets for Saturday's action earlier than usual because I am at work from two and it's pretty much straight to bed afterwards as I'm on the 0658 to Euston in the morning. I've never been racing in London before so am very much looking forward to it. It's not the best card in the world for betting to be honest, especially with Overturn missing from the big novice chase. I think he had the beating of Captain Conan in the Henry VIII and was going to back him accordingly. The Tingle Creek is a mouth watering affair featuring Sprinter Sacre and Sanctuaire and I'm firmly in the Arkle winners camp. At around 4/9 he's not a betting proposition and the only possible bet might be Kumbeshwar in the without the favourite  market on course. It's common enough for these big one on one match up's to never quite play out as one imagines and I can see Sanctuaire making an error or two when push comes to shove and the Alan King horse might be able to take advantage. Let's not forget that Al Ferof made a huge mistake four out in the Arkle when Sprinter Sacre loomed on his outside. He's an intimidating presence. Kumbeshwar is a front runner like Sanctuaire but I imagine he'll be ridden with a tad more restraint in the hope of picking up as much prize money as possible. No idea what price will be available but I'll take anything from 4/1 up. He has won on heavy so will love the ground.

At Aintree I like the claims of Join Together in the Becher Chase over the National fences. I backed him each way earlier in the week when he was 10/1 at Ladbrokes. This second season chaser is a thorough stayer who likes the soft and I think this test will suit him much better than his first race of the season at Ascot where he was outpaced on good to soft over a barely adequate three miles. You never know if a horse will adapt to these fences but if he does he has leading claims. A good novice last year I think a proper stamina sapping test like this race tomorrow will show him to be a well handicapped animal and I expect him to be in the hunt. He is second top weight though and I fear West End Rocker so the place element of the bet is prudent.

Becher Chase:
Join Together £15ew @ 10/1 and £20w @ 8/1 (second)

Tingle Creek:
Kumbeshwar £40w (without Sprinter Sacre) at best available odds on course. (won) (actual bet was a straight forecast @ 6/1)

(+905.9)




No comments:

Post a Comment