14/02/2013

Ascot Chase

A small but select field lines up for Saturday's Ascot Chase and I've taken 11/4 about Cue Card who I think will be most suited to the conditions on the day. It's a small field like the one he ran away from at Exeter at the start of the season and I think he'll be hard to peg back if allowed to stride out and make the pace. He was too keen in the King George when restrained and had nothing left at the business end of the race. He's also the only horse who has ever really given Sprinter Sacre half a race in last season's Arkle and whilst I respect Finian's Rainbow and Captain Chris I think the selection has a bit too much class for them both on the likely soft ground over this trip. The former is a good ground animal who was poor in his only race of the season so far on heavy and the latter is a battler who for me stayed on past beaten animals when getting second in a pulsating King George. I've gone in a bit early on this race just in case Cue Card is really well backed.

Ascot Chase:
Cue Card £40w @ 11/4

No comments:

Post a Comment