08/08/2013

Ante-Post

I knew as soon as Dawn Approach was pretty much confirmed for the race that Intello would be worth a punt for the Prix Jacques Le Marois on Sunday. I have snapped up some 2/1 available at Coral.

As much as I respect Dawn Approach this comes awfully soon after the Sussex Stakes and I'd be surprised if he's at his best. Andre Fabre's colt is a fresh horse and looked an absolute machine in the Prix du Jockey Club, a race that has worked out quite well. He looks the likeliest winner of the race to my eyes and I would fear Elusive Kate as much as Dawn Approach and way more than Moonlight Cloud who at 3/1ish is terribly short. A race run over a straight mile with a decent pace stretches her stamina too much.

In summation then, the fact that Fabre sees fit to keep Intello to a mile indicates how much speed the horse possesses as he could easily be a decent sort for the Arc. When finally able to get going from a bad draw in the Poulains and pretty much all the way up the straight at Chantilly he's looked a horse of significant ability and those in opposition on Sunday will find it hard to hold onto him.

Elsewhere I have added Treve to my rather large list of Arc horses. The market is dominated by Flintshire, Novellist and Al Kazeem at the moment and yet it could be argued that Treve has the best form, the Prix de Diane has been franked on a number of occasions.

Prix Jacques le Marois:
Intello £40w @ 2/1

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Gold Ship £15w @ 25/1
Sky Hunter £25w @ 42/1
Flintshire £15w @ 20/1
Treve £15w @ 10/1
Gentildonna £10w @ 33/1
Bravodino £5w @ 76/1

---
King George:
Al Ferof £20w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £13w @ 20/1
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment