24/08/2013

York - 24th Aug / Ante-Post

Two bets the last couple of days and two seconds. Things haven't gone my way recently and the rain York had overnight on Thursday blunted Shea Shea's speed and may well have cost him the race. Of course that rain would also have gone against The Fugue if it had arrived 24 hours earlier but that's racing.

The course has had a further 15mm overnight and it has played havoc with the Ebor where we now have just 14 runners. Things have gone my way in this race as I'm sitting pretty with a score each way four places on Tiger Cliff at a very juicy looking 12/1. I topped up last night at 7/1 and and this stayer (ran well at the royal meeting over 2m4f) has everything in his favour today. He's won a handicap with a similar amount of runners already this season and being by high class German stallion Tiger Hill I expect him to like the ground he encounters today. I'm overdue a half decent winner.

On the ante-post front I've been told that Orfevre is scheduled to fly to Paris today in preparation for another tilt at the Arc. He's had bleeding issues this year but with the technology they have in Japan and I'm pretty sure a lot of veterinary expertise the fact that he's on his way over is a good sign and I have readjusted my position on the race by backing last year's runner-up and laying off my position on Treve at the same price I had previously backed her at. Ultimately Orfevre is the best horse currently in the race and I want to be with him, especially after what happened last year.
Elsewhere the horse that made my season in 2012, Bronze Angel, hasn't run so far this year but I see he has been entered for a repeat bid in the Cambridgeshire on 28th Sept. He won the race last year a shade comfortably only getting the lead close home and winning by 3/4 of a length and with Mull of Killough and Mukhadram going on this season and winning stakes races it's a renewal that has worked out incredibly well. I cannot resist some 16/1 about him.


Ebor Handicap:
Tiger Cliff £20ew @ 12/1 and £20w @ 7/1 (won)

Betfair Cash-Out Handicap (Goodwood)
Cape Peron £10w (NR)

(+17)

--------------
Cambridgeshire:
Bronze Angel £15w @ 16/1

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Sky Hunter £30w @ 51/1
Flintshire £15w @ 20/1
Orfevre £20w @ 76/10
Gold Ship £15w @ 25/1
Gentildonna £10w @ 33/1
Bravodino £5w @ 76/1

----
King George:
Al Ferof £20w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £13w @ 20/1
My Tent or Yours £20w @ 95/10

World Hurdle:
Monksland £5w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment