03/08/2013

Goodwood - 3rd August

Cape Peron's defeat was a real kick in the teeth yesterday. Historically when I get 10s about a 5/1 shot I sort of expect those bets to win. I feel after that loss and Nabucco's second as well earlier in the week that I badly need a half decent result from a morale standpoint and I'm most frustrated that Lahaag, a horse I've had on my tracker since his second in a 10f handicap at the Dante meeting, is only 3/1 for a humdrum looking race at Doncaster this afternoon. I can't be bothered at that price.

The Nassau Stakes looks a very competitive renewal and I have to take Sky Lantern on at a short price. She's not guaranteed to stay a mile and a quarter and I like Just the Judge at 7/1. Unlike the favourite she is bred to improve for this step up in trip and she is overpriced. Her trainer said earlier in the week that he was possibly reluctant to run her on really fast ground again but the track has had some rain overnight. Of her three runs in Group 1 company over a mile at Newmarket, Ascot and the Curragh she looked most at home at the latter which is by the stiffest track of the three. She was well beaten in the Coronation but relative to Sky Lantern she was poorly positioned close to a fast pace and the Hannon filly had the race run to suit that day. Of the others I fear Hot Snap but can't have Integral who looks ridiculously short on form. I do think Just Pretending is overpriced. She ran really well in the Irish Oaks and is most consistent but her pedigree suggests this trip may be her optimum. I don't think she quite has the class to win this but I managed to get 4/1 for a place matched on Betfair yesterday evening

Nassau Stakes:
Just the Judge £25ew @ 7/1 (lost)
Just Pretending £20pl @ 4/1 (lost)

(-248)

No comments:

Post a Comment