11/08/2013

Deauville - 11th August

I was premature taking 2/1 about Intello for the Jacques le Marois earlier in the week as he was and probably still is freely available at 5/2 now. A price that has been taken.

It's a race with a market that has a massive angle in it. One or two of the layers have Intello, Dawn Approach and Moonlight Cloud as co favourites and I think the latter is a crazy short price. I would have her at a minimum of 6/1 as her best form is over shorter and when she has won over a mile it has been round a turn in small fields, she only had to beat three horses in the Prix du Moulin last season.

Dawn Approach is greatly respected naturally and he is fairly priced at 5/2 also but I reckon this will be one race too many for him and I doubt he is up to reproducing his best form, one of the main reasons I am sweet on Intello. Andre Fabre's charge is the freshest horse in the line-up and I think the perception that he's a 10f beast is the main reason he's at such decent odds for the race. Yet with a better draw he'd have won the Poulains easily and be coming here as a dual Classic winner. He has a potent turn of foot and the decent tempo Dawn Approach's pacemaker is bound to set will suit him. I'm very confident.


Prix Jacques Le Marois:
Intello £80w @ 9/4 (lost)

(-328)

No comments:

Post a Comment