01/01/2014

Ante-Post

Urgh, I'm not well at the moment, suffering as I am from a severe bout of seconditis. Cue Card, First Lieutenant, Jezki and Alfie Spinner today. Still, my selections seem to be running well and it's only a matter of time before it turns round.

Unlike this time last year when I had non-runners all over my Festival portfolio like a bad rash I'm quite happy with my positions thus far in 2013/14. I have an issue with a few of my selections possibly going for different races but most of these are covered by the non-runner free bet concession so I'll get a second bite at those bets.

I've added a couple of bets over the Holiday period. Sir Des Champs was a tad disappointing in the Lexus Chase on Saturday but they went no pace in the race and that factor coupled with the rain softened ground was against the horse. Cheltenham is where this horse's best form is and the 10/1 on offer about him for the Gold Cup immediately after Saturday's contest was snapped up straight away. I'd also like a good ground Gold Cup as that would count against Bob's Worth who can get outpaced.

The standard of the British staying novices this year seems below standard and the one horse I like, Wonderful Charm, seems headed for the Jewson despite looking all over a three miler. I doubt he'll have the pace to cope over the shorter trip and with Champagne Fever looking vulnerable over two miles judging by his defeat behind Defy Logic and Trifolium last week I think it's worth taking a chance he'll go for the Jewson rather than the Arkle. He's a future Gold Cup horse and Mullins isn't averse to running that type on the Thursday.



Supreme Novices:
The Liquidator £15w @ 176/10
West Wizard £15w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £40w @ 7/1
Our Conor £15w @ 9/1 (NRFB)

Neptune:
Briar Hill £20w @ 12/1 (NRFB)
Ballyalton £5w @ 21/1

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Jewson:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)
Felix Yonger £25w @ 91/10
Champagne Fever £20w @ 7/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)
Al Ferof £25w @ 7/1 (NRNB)
Cue Card £15w @ 52/10

World Hurdle:
Monksland £10w @ 24/1

Triumph Hurdle:
Fox Norton £15ew @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Gold Cup:
Al Ferof £10w @ 20/1
Sir Des Champs £15w @ 10/1 (NRFB)

No comments:

Post a Comment