15/01/2014

Ante-Post

Just eight weeks to go to the Festival now and my ante-post book looks ok. I have issues with some horses heading possibly for different races than that I've backed them in but the vast majority of those bets are non-runner free bet affairs so I'm not too concerned. One exception is my position on Felix Yonger for the JLT Novice Chase on the Thursday. He's very weak on Betfair for that race with Willie Mullins hinting that he may step stable companion Champagne Fever up in trip but that makes sense as last year's Supreme winner looks all over a stayer and I have him in my portfolio for the longer race. I have now backed Felix for the Arkle as well. I wanted cover in case thats where he goes and ultimately if that is the case that bet, plus the wager on Champagne for the JLT, gives me enough of a strong position in both races to make up for the money lost on the JLT Felix Yonger bet. He is the novice chaser I've been most impressed with thus far this season. He jumps well at pace and has decent Festival form. His last run can safely be ignored as it was a race run on pretty deep ground. Not the sort of going he thrives on. His form with Defy Logic and Trifolium looks someway better than that brought to the table by the UK Novices.

The Liquidator is a horse I had high hopes for in the Supreme but he was very disappointing at Kempton on Saturday and although less forcing tactics in March coupled with the course being far more suitable for him are things to hang onto I can't say I have much confidence at all in him now. West Wizard is due out again when the ground firms up a bit and he looks my main hope in the Festival opener now. It looks a wide open renewal.

Not much else to report really. I note that Cue Card is 85% to run in the Gold Cup and I just hope that that pushed Nicholls into aiming Al Ferof at the Ryanair no matter what happens in his prep run. Whatever race the grey runs in Cheltenham is his course but the shorter contest looks his for the taking as it is cutting up a bit. I've also punted Twinlight in the Queen Mother. This is a good race to get involved in each way now some firms are going non runner no bet and Mullins' horse has very good two mile form this season and his run against Captain Chris over too far a trip last Saturday can safely be ignored. I want Sprinter Sacre to turn up in A1 condition and devastate this field and I think he will, but there is value in the race amongst the double figure prices with Sire de Grugy looking very vulnerable as second favourite. He isn't a Cheltenham horse imo.

Supreme Novices':
The Liquidator £15w @ 176/10
West Wizard £15w @ 16/1

Arkle:
Felix Yonger £10w @ 10/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £20w @ 172/10
My Tent or Yours £40w @ 7/1
Our Conor £15w @ 9/1 (NRFB)

Neptune:
Briar Hill £20w @ 12/1 (NRFB)
Ballyalton £5w @ 21/1

RSA:
Clondaw Kaempfer £4w @ 109/1
Wonderful Charm £25w @ 16/1 (NRFB)

Champion Chase:
Twinlight £10ew @ 25/1 (NRNB)

JLT Novices' Chase:
Chatterbox £10w @ 25/1 (NRFB)
Felix Yonger £25w @ 91/10
Champagne Fever £20w @ 7/1 (NRFB)

Ryanair:
Al Ferof £20w @ 20/1 (NRFB)
Al Ferof £25w @ 7/1 (NRNB)
Cue Card £15w @ 52/10

World Hurdle:
Monksland £10w @ 24/1

Triumph Hurdle:
Fox Norton £15ew @ 25/1 (NRFB)

Gold Cup:
Al Ferof £10w @ 20/1
Sir Des Champs £15w @ 10/1 (NRFB)

£1 Lucky 15:
Irving (Supreme) 12/1
My Tent or Yours (CH) 4/1
Briar Hill (Albert Bartlett) 6/1
Bob's Worth (Gold Cup) 9/4





No comments:

Post a Comment