16/01/2014

Haydock - Saturday


I'm hoping to attend this meeting on Saturday and the main race is the Champion Hurdle Trial. It's a Grade 2 event where Melodic Rendezvous hopes to atone for his poor run being My Tent or Yours in November. His win at Wincanton first time up was a decent effort as well as being my one decent winning bet thus far this jumps season. Like that race the selection finds himself behind a somewhat under priced Paul Nicholls animal in the market - Ptit Zig this time. He's a nice enough animal but he gives weight all around and at 3/1 Melodic Rendezvous falls right into one of my punting strategies. I love backing horses who are priced up with a poor run last time out over factored into their odds as opposed to their overall profile. It's sure to be very deep under foot at my local track and Melodic Rendezvous goes through that sort of ground like a beast. It's a race that could cut up badly as well so I want to get in before the Rule 4's come in. I'll probably be topping up on the day.

Champion Hurdle Trial:
Melodic Rendezvous £25w @ 3/1


No comments:

Post a Comment