26/11/2014

Ante-Post

   


    Another good weekend for me and I just hope my good run continues for a wee while yet. I have a couple already lined up for Saturday and Sunday and confidence couldn't be higher. I've already mentioned my liking for Fingal Bay in a previous entry and it looks like Newbury will have a good deal of ease in the going and I just think the test that is the Hennessy Gold Cup will really suit the horse, and of course his trainer has never been in better form. I think Smad Place might be the main danger and I might cover with him on the day, especially if his price stays honest with Djakadam being so short.

    The best Novice Chase of the season so far takes place at Fairyhouse on Sunday and I've taken some 5/1 about Apache Stronghold. This Noel Meade horse is a big strong chasing type who was always going to improve on what he showed on the track last season over hurdles. I fell for him when he won at Navan this time last year when he struck me as one of those horses who just catch your attention through their sheer physical presence. I'm not sure he'll ever be a Cheltenham horse, partly because of his liking for soft ground and partly because his trainer likes to win plenty of races with his best animals in Ireland and doesn't necessarily have them peaking for March. His last top class chaser was Pandorama (also a soft ground beast) who was unwisely put in Long Run's Gold Cup on pretty fast ground and was injured. Apache jumped well enough on his chasing debut recently and although The Tullow Tank will be a tough nut to crack I have to back him on price grounds, I don't see him out of the frame.

Hennessy Gold Cup:
Fingal Bay £30w @ 9/1

Drinmore Novice Chase:
Apache Stronghold £15ew @ 5/1

--
Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £35w @ 106/10

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £15w @ 20/1

Queen Mother:
Simonsig £10w @ 14/1

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £10w @ 14/1

Gold Cup:
Champagne Fever £10w @ 20/1
Taquin Du Seuil £15w @ 26/1


No comments:

Post a Comment