21/11/2014

Haydock - 22nd Nov

    It's been raining in Lancashire for most of the afternoon/evening which will really suit Silviniaco Conti whom I took 5/1 about for the Betfair Chase last Sunday. I've topped up at 4s since and believe he has a favourite's chance for the reasons I outlined in my last entry.

    My other bet is on the Nick Williams trained Aubusson in the Fixed Brush event that precedes the big race. This promising gelding ran well first time out when he pulled clear with Shelford in a handicap hurdle at Chepstow late last month. Shelford had beaten the highly touted Emerging Talent a fortnight before and that horse's run last Sunday was a nice boost to the form. Aubusson is bred to appreciate this step up to three miles and with underfoot conditions sure to suit I think 11/1 is a very fair each way price with four places on offer.

EDIT: 11:28am

    I'm gonna have to start blogging Saturday's bets on the actual day if this morning's price movements are anything to go by.

    Overnight I thought 7/2 Conti, 4/1 Cue Card, 5/1 Dynaste and Taquin Du Seuil were about right for the Betfair Chase. As I type though Taquin is now favourite (I like the horse a lot and have him ante-post for the Gold Cup) but market leader in a race this stacked is excessive. Cue Card is 5/1 in a couple of places and I've had to take that. I've punted him as cover and in a small double with Melodic Rendezvous who I think can give The New One a race on soft ground earlier on in the card.

Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle:
Aubusson £25ew @ 11/1 (won)

Betfair Chase:
Silviniaco Conti £40w @ 9/2 (won)
Cue Card £25w @ 5/1 (lost)

Melodic Rendezvous (Price Rush Grade 2 Hurdle)/ Cue Card £10w double (lost)

(+448.75)


No comments:

Post a Comment