13/11/2014

Cheltenham - 14th Nov

    I spent a good hour looking at video form for Saturday's Paddy Power Gold Cup yesterday evening and came to the conclusion that Colour Squadron was well worth a bet at around 14/1 (17 on the machine.) He's a horse that is seen to best effect in a big field with a fast pace, conditions that mean he hasn't time to think about it like he did on his seasonal debut the other week. Unfortunately he was pulled out earlier on today when final decs were made and instead runs in a Novice event tomorrow.

    He dominates the market at around 9/4 but with only seven runners I think he's well worth taking on and I will do so with one of his stable companions. I'm a sucker for a Phillip Hobbs chaser and have had good days and bad with the likes of Menorah, Wishfull Thinking and Captain Chris in recent times, and I have backed Fingal Bay for the Hennessy later this month (to be expanded upon in my next Ante-Post entry.)

    Champagne West at this stage of his career looks every bit as promising as those named did and I can't resist a bit of 4/1 about him in what looks a really nice race. As well as Colour Squadron, Dell' Arca also trades shorter in the market for this and the only reason I can find for that is the Pipe's stable excellent record at this meeting. I'm surprised this horse is even being tried over fences as he's very much flat bred. I like Splash of Ginge as a potential chaser but he carries a meaty penalty and ultimately despite this being his debut over fences I think 4s is quite a tidy price.

Steel Plate and Sections Novices' Chase:
Champagne West £40w @ 4/1 (won)

(+10)

No comments:

Post a Comment