29/11/2014

Fairyhouse and Carlisle- 30th Nov

    Tomorrow's Drinmore looks a very hot renewal. The Tullow Tank, Valseur Lido and Apache Stronghold all won well in lower grade events last time out and look like horses full of promise at this stage of their fledgling chase careers and I narrowly prefer the last named at 5/1. I think TTT will be hard to beat but if I was making a book I'd swap the prices of the selection and the Mullins horse around.

    Fingal Bay was disappointing today but he clattered a couple and folded tamely before they even entered the straight and I just have to hope he didn't hurt himself. I mentioned the Sky Lantern/Hot Snap reversal theory recently as a sort of way of not being too harsh on Group/Grade 1 horses who disappoint in a lower grade race during my preview of the Betfair Chase and we saw another example today with More of That being pushed out to a rather sexy looking 5/1 for the World Hurdle after his poor run in the Grade 2 Long Walk Hurdle on the same card. He looked heavy to me and just needed it on ground much deeper than he encountered at Cheltenham in March. I think some bookies have over-reacted and I was happy to take some of that action.

    My other bet is a horse I've been dying to see take a fence ever since I saw him in novice hurdles a couple of years back. Clondaw Kaempfer looked a horse full of promise that season before a poor effort on ground much too soft for him in the Challow at Newbury did for him. I was disappointed he stayed over hurdles last season but it ended up working out as he won a nice event at the Aintree Festival. He has the size for chasing and in an ordinary looking race at Carlisle I think Bet365 have taken a chance in offering 100/30. Stakes are small given this will be his first outing over the larger obstacles and I'm not a rampant fan of the trainer.

Saturday Naps Challenge Novices' Chase:
Clondaw Kaempfer £25w @ 100/30 (nr)

Drinmore Novice Chase:
Apache Stronghold £25w/£15pl @ 5/1 (2nd)

(+398.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment