29/11/2014

Newbury - 29th Nov

    Fingal Bay has been one of my favourite horses in training ever since he handed Simonsig his only defeat in a novice hurdle at Sandown almost three years ago and rising nine the Hennessy today is the first time in his career that he has the conditions he was bred for. As good a hurdler as he was chasing was always going to be his game and despite some good performances as a novice in that sphere a couple of years back he never had the stamina test that he craves and I'm very happy with the 9/1 voucher I possess.

    I was contemplating covering on Smad Place but it's not a race where I can narrow the field down to just the one danger so I'm not going to bother. Djakadam actually isn't that bad a price now at 11/2 given his mouth watering mark and if I was in poor form I would probably consider backing both of those two but the last few months have been so good that I'm gonna just sit back with just the one selection and enjoy one of the best races of the year.

Hennessy Gold Cup:
Fingal Bay £40w @ 9/1 (lost)

(+408.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment