02/12/2014

Ante-Post

    In my entry on Sunday I mentioned that I was happy to take some 5/1 about More of That for the World Hurdle after his somewhat disappointing run in the Long Walk at Newbury the previous day. He looked fair tubby and a fitter horse on better ground will soon put that run behind him. The form of his World Hurdle victory last March looks rock solid and he'll be incredibly hard to beat on the day if he gets there.

    Nearer to hand this weekend sees the Tingle Creek meeting at Sandown and a nice looking card at Aintree. The Tingle Creek itself looks a ropey looking renewal this time around with almost all the star two milers out of action and I expect I'll be leaving it alone. I do like the look of one in the Becher Chase though, Saturday's main race at the Merseyside venue. Mendip Express is a big, strong chaser who jumps and travels extremely well. His run at Cheltenham at the turn of the year was incredibly eye catching and I think this test over the National fences will suit him down to the ground. The trip (3m2f) is probably around his optimum and plenty of rain is forecast later in the week so the ground should be fine. Naturally it's a competitive looking contest but I think there's plenty of mileage in the selection's price and I expect a good run. Once again he's a most promising chaser with so much scope (not many starts at all under rules given his age.)


Becher Chase:
Mendip Express £10w @ 12/1

--
Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £35w @ 106/10

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £15w @ 20/1

Queen Mother:
Simonsig £10w @ 14/1

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £10w @ 14/1

World Hurdle:
More of That £20w @ 5/1

Gold Cup:
Champagne Fever £10w @ 20/1
Taquin Du Seuil £15w @ 26/1
Wonderful Charm £5w @ 156/1

No comments:

Post a Comment