13/12/2014

Cheltenham - 13th Dec

    I don't fancy anything over much today but I think Ataglance is worth a little tickle in the
December Gold Cup at Cheltenham. It's a very weak edition of a race with a terrific roll of honour and the selection is weighted to beat hot favourite Caid de Berlais on a line of form through Present View. Collateral form can be a shaky concept to hang your hat on but at around 10/1 in a poor enough renewal I think I can force myself into a bet, expecially given Ataglance's liking for the track.

    The 20/1 I took about King's Palace for the RSA before the season started is more of a winter warmer than any of my other Cheltenham positions at this stage and I was really impressed with him yesterday. He jumped with ultra economy and at this stage the only worry I have is whether or not he'd sulk if being taken on for a lead. Did this happen in the Albert Bartlett? It's possible, but I'm more of a mind that his lack of a prep run just caused him to race with an excess of freshness. I'm pleased he misses the Feltham and will probably just have a nice little prep run, ideally at headquarters again, in the new year.

December Gold Cup:
Ataglance £30w @ 10/1 (lost)

(+641.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment