22/12/2014

Ante-Post

    Possibly the biggest news in the last few days from an ante-post point of view was Sky Bet (who have changed hands recently) offering NRNB on the four Championship races at the Festival. I immediately had a look at their odds for those races and despite being tempted by Jezki at 5s for the Champion Hurdle the one bet I went with was Felix Yonger at a large looking 33/1 for the Queen Mother. This horse ran well in winning a relatively minor event first time out recently on really bad ground that he doesn't like and if we got decent underfoot conditions in March and he ran in the race he'd be much shorter than 33/1 I would think.

    Since my last post I've topped up a few of my Cheltenham positions including that of Josses Hill in the Arkle. I was quite pleased with his first run over fences last week. Yes he didn't jump very economically but the horse was on the sidelines until September and can only improve. I'm very much glass half with this animal and considering the energy he lost jumping as big and awkwardly as he did together with travelling with lots of freshness he did well to finish as close as he did. I'd be very afraid of Vautaur long term but not Un De Sceaux so much.

    Finally I've taken a bit of 10/1 about Cue Card for the King George on Boxing Day. The ground looks like being on the good side of good to soft which will really suit him. He emptied in this last season around two out but with better ground and a more restraining ride I think he's got every chance of getting home. I'll write more about the race nearer the time.


   

King George VI Chase:
Cue Card £10ew @ 10/1



--
Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £40w @ 107/10

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £20w @ 17/1

Queen Mother:
Simonsig £10w @ 14/1
Felix Yonger £10ew @ 33/1 NRNB

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £12w @ 16/1

World Hurdle:
More of That £20w @ 5/1

Gold Cup:
Champagne Fever £25w @ 17/1
Taquin Du Seuil £15w @ 26/1
Wonderful Charm £5w @ 156/1

No comments:

Post a Comment