20/12/2014

Ascot - 20th Dec

    The bet I placed earlier in the week on Shelford for today's Ladbroke Hurdle at Ascot looks in excellent nick now as his price has pretty much halved since Monday. I can understand this contraction given the strength of his form and the underfoot conditions he'll encounter. My one concern was the trip but the very soft ground will put the emphasis firmly on stamina even over two miles and It's very hard to seem him out of the frame. My normal tactic is to top up bets as we get closer to the day but this time I've decided to cover on Clondaw Warrior simply because he's the only other horse in the race I fear. He ran a fine race in the Greatwood Hurdle last time out when the lack of a decent gallop was against him. I thought Vaniteux ran well behind The New One last week and franked the form. I think Activial is overrated.

Ladbroke Hurdle:
Shelford £15ew @ 12/1 (4th)
Clondaw Warrior £25w @ 9/1 (lost)

(+646.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment