26/01/2015

Ante-Post

    I've spent the last few hours watching back the last couple of days action from Doncaster, Cheltenham and Leopardstown and it's certainly given punters plenty to think about re Festival clues.

    Yesterday's racing from Leopardstown was intense -  I was gutted when Jezki bumbled over the last as I'm sure we'd have seen him in a titanic battle all the way to the line with Hurricane Fly. It looked to me like the legend would have won but Jezki did his Champion Hurdle prospects no damage at all and I'm confident better ground and Cheltenham will see him at his best. I was speechless watching Un De Sceaux (and that's the last time I'm typing out his full name, I have to spell check everytime, just like Taquin Du Seuil) stretch clear of a couple of high class sorts in the Irish Arkle. He was breathtaking and whilst I haven't totally thrown the metaphorical slip away with regards to Josses Hill I can't say I have too much confidence left.

    Over on Cleeve Hill Saturday's card was full of fascinating racing and I've come away with another bet to add to my expanding portfolio. Value At Risk was a shortie for the 2m4f Novice Hurdle but found the combination of trip/pace totally against him. However in defeat he came across as a really likeable type as he battled back once headed. The longer trip of the Albert Bartlett in March will be much more down his alleypipe and after No More Heroes was beaten in Ireland on Sunday I think he stood out at 14/1 for the race, a very open looking one.

    As for the Gold Cup, Many Clouds certainly enhanced his claims in the BetBright Cup but I think Smad Place will reverse form on better ground. The grey was not suited by the rather steady pace and at 20/1+ I may consider backing him during the Festival. Possibly in a single but more likely in one of the each way doubles I like to have. Speaking of which I've placed my first one this evening - I wanted to wait till nearer the time but I have a feeling the 16/1 about Champagne West might not last so was anxious to secure some of it. I can't understand why this horse is as big as he is - yes he was put in his place last time out but that was over a trip short of his optimum and he was beaten by Ptit Zig who is rightly a warm order for the JLT. It looks solid form and the Hobbs horse will put up a good fight in the RSA, a race that could be tailor made for him.


--

Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £50w @ 11/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £15w @ 13/2 and £20ew @ 11/2 NRNB

Neptune Novices' Hurdle:
Shaneshill £10w @ 14/1

Queen Mother:
Uxizandre £15ew @ 16/1 NRNB

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £40w @ 12/1

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £12w @ 16/1
Champagne Fever £10w @ 12/1
Cue Card £20w @ 8/1

World Hurdle:
More of That £30w @ 47/10

Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle:
Tea For Two £10w @ 25/1
Value At Risk £15w @ 14/1

Gold Cup:
Boston Bob £10ew @ 20/1 NRNB
Champagne Fever £25w @ 17/1
Taquin Du Seuil £15w @ 26/1

To Win at the Festival:
Cue Card £10 @ 16/1

Doubles:
Tea For Two(Lanzarote)(won)/King's Palace(RSA) £10w @ 6/1 & 5/1

Jezki(Champion Hurdle)/Champagne West(RSA) £10ew @ 6/1 & 16/1

£15 lost on Non-Runner(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment