17/01/2015

Ascot & Haydock - 17th Jan

 


    Sprinter Sacre's return to action tomorrow after more than a year off the track is by far the biggest event of the day and I'll have my fingers crossed that he puts in a clear round and looks at least within hailing distance the sort of horse he was a couple of years back. His wins in the Arkle and Tingle Creek are cherished memories in my punting and race going life. I took the pic above from the parade ring at Sandown that day in 2012.

    My one bet today is at Haydock and it's on Corrin Wood in the Peter Marsh Chase. I don't really have a tracker email set up for the jumps but if I did this horse would have gone in it after his round of jumping at Wetherby on Boxing Day. A confirmed front runner he set a decent pace that day on ground that was probably not quite as soft as he ideally likes but carrying 11st12 he just couldn't fend off a couple of his rivals towards the end of the race.  I suspect that his trainer has had this race today in mind as possibly his main target this season given the likely ground and the fact that it's on his local track (near enough) and I'm happy to take 6/1+ on the machine about him. The ground has come up perfect and I expect his jockey to be slightly more circumspect with regards to pace setting.

Peter Marsh Chase:
Corrin Wood £40w @ 64/10 (pu)

(+463.75)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment