08/03/2015

Cheltenham - Final Ante-Post

    I've finished my ante-post list for the Festival and the staking is down a tad this season, mainly due to Victor Chandler stopping their non-runner free bet concession. I've added another couple of each way doubles today after some chilled out Sunday morning form study.

    Clarcam's own arse was handed to him on a plate by Un De Sceaux last time out but he travelled and jumped well until Ruby pressed the gas pedal as they entered the straight and I think he's overpriced in the without favourite market. Vibrato Valtat is the obvious danger but he's had a lot of racing this season and I have a hunch he's due a poor run. Whatever, if UDS wins Clarcam has to finish outside the first four for for my bet to be a loser and I struggle to see that happening.

    A lot of my focus this morning was on the Albert Bartlett where I feel Black Hercules is a sort of default position favourite and No More Heroes is short enough in the market also. With that in mind there is value amongst the double figure brigade and whilst Martello Tower did tempt me I've come down on the side of Blaklion. I was impressed with the way he battled back in the Challow over too short a distance against classy opposition and Ladbrokes seem too long on him at 14/1. Value at Risk is my main fancy for the race but Twister's tough hurdler is an admirable back up. The AB is a good race for a proper scraper and both my horses have that quality in abundance.




--
Supreme Novices' Hurdle:
Shaneshill £12.50ew @ 12/1 NRNB mbs

Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £50w @ 11/1

Festival Handicap Chase:
Mendip Express £5w @ 18/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £15w @ 13/2 and £30ew @ 11/2 NRNB

Neptune Novices' Hurdle:
Shaneshill £10w @ 14/1

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £75w @ 87/10

Queen Mother:
Champagne Fever £20w @ 84/10

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £12w @ 16/1
Champagne Fever £10w @ 12/1

Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle:
Tea For Two £10w @ 25/1 and £5ew @ 20/1 NRNB
Value At Risk £25w @ 132/10 and £10w @ 11/1 NRNB
Value At Risk £5ew @ 12/1 NRNB
Blacklion £10w @ 14/1 NRNB

Gold Cup:
Boston Bob £10ew @ 20/1 NRNB
Champagne Fever £25w @ 17/1


Win Doubles:
Tea For Two(Lanzarote)(won)/King's Palace(RSA) £10w @ 6/1 & 5/1



£5ew Doubles:
Clarcam(Arkle w/out UDS)/Mendip Express(Festival Handicap Chase) @ 9/2 & 14/1 NRNB

Mendip Express(Festival Handicap Chase)/Smad Place(Gold Cup) @ 14/1 & 16/1 NRNB

Jezki(Champion Hurdle)/Monksland(World Hurdle) @ 6/1 & 16/1 NRNB

Jezki(Champion Hurdle)/Smad Place(Gold Cup) @ 9/2 & 20/1 NRNB

Champagne Fever(Queen Mother)/Smad Place(Gold Cup) @ 6/1 & 25/1 NRNB

Champagne Fever(Queen Mother)/Value at Risk(AB) @ 6/1 & 11/1 NRNB

Monksland(World Hurdle)/Blacklion(AB) @ 16/1 & 14/1 NRNB







£128 lost on Non-Runners

No comments:

Post a Comment