21/09/2015

Ante-Post

    I've been busy adding selections to my ante-post list which seems a bit large to me at the moment but I just keep seeing attractive prices. I can't remember the last time I had a bet on a 2yo race but the Cheveley Park on Saturday looks like it's been priced up wrong to me, with a heavy flavour of recency bias. Lumiere looked a world beater first time out on the July Course back in mid summer and although she got beat fair and square in the Lowther she ran really well nevertheless and I have to think better ground at the weekend will suit her much better. She's also far less exposed than her conqueror at York and has every chance of reversing that form. 9/2 is too big.

    Things haven't gone Avenir Certain's way this season but there are excuses behind her last two runs and she is overpriced for the 'Opera on Arc day. The ground was too fast for her at Newmarket in the Falmouth (she hits the ground too hard to be totally suited by it) and she was given far far too much to do in the Jean Romanet at Deauville before storming home for third. Double figure odds are well worth taking.

    I have my fingers firmly crossed that the Champion Stakes cuts up for Vadamos and I sincerely hope Golden Horn and Jack Hobbs head over to Paris a fortnight earlier. I can't see Free Eagle making the trip with them as his shrewd trainer must surely realise he has little hope of winning the race, so I've taken some 7/1 about him for Ascot.


Cheveley Park Stakes:
Lumiere £15w @ 9/2

Prix de l'Opera:
Avenir Certain £10w @ 12/1

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Jack Hobbs £15w @ 10/1
New Bay £15w @ 6/1

Champion Stakes:
Vadamos £10w @ 33/1
Free Eagle £10w @ 7/1

--
Champion Hurdle:
Peace and Co £10w @ 12/1

Ryanair:
Apache Stronghold £10w @ 33/1

World Hurdle:
Whisper £10w @ 156/10

Gold Cup:
Don Poli £15w @ 86/10

--
2000 Guineas:
Emotionless £20w @ 12/1

No comments:

Post a Comment