15/09/2015

Ante-Post

    The racing last weekend was easily the highlight of this flat season with a number of notable performances from the likes of Treve, New Bay, Emotionless, Limato and Air Force One to name just a few. I took some 6/1 about New Bay for the Arc immediately after his win in the Prix Niel. He's in the right hands, has had a perfect French 3yo prep for the race and he pretty much confirmed he'll stay the trip as well. No question in my mind Fabre has won the big race with two or three inferior animals than his Jockey-Club winner but those creatures didn't have Treve to deal with. She was imperious in winning the Vermeille but it has to be said she hasn't had to beat a top class rival since Orfevre in 2013 and although that may well be clutching at stores I'm happy to have a couple against her given her very short odds now.

    I've already mentioned how impressed I was with Emotionless at Doncaster and although Air Force Blue was also very taking at the Curragh on Sunday I much prefer the Godolphin colt long term and I'm hoping to have a nice tank on him by May. The sky's the limit with this horse who is a gorgeous looking horse. He'll fill his frame nicely over the winter.

    In my last ante-post update I neglected to mention taking 33s about the Fabre trained Vadamos for the Champion Stakes in October. He was impressive in winning a Group 2 in Germany a week or so and although I freely admit not knowing much about what that form amounts to I was surprised to see such big odds available about him for Ascot given how effusive his trainer was about him and also how likely the race is to cut up.

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe:
Jack Hobbs £15w @ 10/1
New Bay £15w @ 6/1

Champion Stakes:
Vadamos £10w @ 33/1

--
Champion Hurdle:
Peace and Co £10w @ 12/1

Ryanair:
Apache Stronghold £10w @ 33/1

World Hurdle:
Whisper £10w @ 156/10

Gold Cup:
Don Poli £15w @ 86/10

--
2000 Guineas:
Emotionless £20w @ 12/1


No comments:

Post a Comment