04/09/2015

Haydock - 5th Sept

    Haydock is my local track and I'll be in attendance tomorrow for their best card of the summer. I've done my money on Limato in the Sprint Cup and the race does look open, the sort of sprint where any result wouldn't be that much of a surprise. That being said I do like the chances of Adaay at 7/1 and his form is very much tied in with Limato. His one poor run this season was on very fast ground in the Commonwealth Cup so take that effort out of his form profile and you have a progressive, consistent animal. I've backed Gordon Lord Byron in this the last two years but I have the same vibes about him that I had about Sole Power before the King's Stand, I just think he's on the decline now. The rest of the field look look quite ordinary to me but ordinary horses win these kind of Group 1's, I just hope Adaay has the class I think he has.

    Oasis Fantasy runs in the Old Borough Cup earlier on in the card and he's been my cliff horse this season. I maintain though that this 1m6f trip is his optimum though and I can't resist giving him one more chance. The last time he ran over this distance he was not really put in the race at all by a jockey who was retiring that week and who, it seemed to me, could not be arsed. Dettori was on at York last time out and was more positive, but he was just outstayed over two miles that day. I think he's a solid each way bet as he's been very consistent all year.

Old Borough Cup:
Oasis Fantasy £20ew @ 12/1 (lost)

Sprint Cup:
Adaay £35w @ 7/1 (lost)
Limato NR £10

(-591.83)

No comments:

Post a Comment