08/09/2015

Doncaster - 9th Sept

    I have a couple of tracker horses running tomorrow and if memory serves it will be the first time I've ever had a couple running in the same race. The contest in question is a 7f handicap tomorrow at Doncaster. Heartbreak Hero has already made an appearance on this blog, I backed him last time out at Goodwood in a race where he lost a couple of lengths at the start before getting into contention. He looked like featuring but that effort to get on terms told on him and he faded into sixth. If this horse can just start a race with a level break I think there's a win somewhere for him and I hope it's tomorrow. He was behind one of his rivals tomorrow (Sakhee's Return) at York the time before that but covered much more ground than the winner that day and is a likelier winner of this. Akeed Champion went into my tracker when he beat yet another of my horses, Darrell Rivers, In a handicap at Newmarket a few weeks ago. In a ten runner event with the stalls stand side he was drawn widest of all and was taken to the inside from the off but eventually finished back on the outside as he was asked to go wide again by his jockey, only just scoring. He's trained by Fahey and has lots of scope but I prefer Heartbreak Hero on price grounds.

Frank Whittle Partnership Handicap:
Heartbreak Hero £40w @ 7/1 (lost)
Akeed Champion £30w @ 3/1 (lost)

(-661.83)

No comments:

Post a Comment