26/09/2015

Newmarket - 26th Sept

    Up until the last few weeks I was marking this flat season down as a bit of a dud, not just from my own view as a punter but for the action overall. I thought the big races overall were sub standard and there wasn't a whole lot to look forward to. However we had a cracking weekend a fortnight ago with some excellent 2yos really coming to the fore and the action at Longchamp that Sunday really sets the scene for the Arc next week. Today's card at headquarters for me further illustrates how the 2yos have almost saved this season. The Royal Lodge, Cheveley Park and Middle Park are all well above average renewals (the latter admittedly all about the fav) and add to that little lot the best handicap of the season and we have a card to really tuck into.

    I took some 9/2 about Lumiere in the Cheveley Park earlier in the week and I haven't a whole lot to add to my thoughts about the bet that I posted on Monday. I'm pleased the ground has come right and it really bares pointing out how well she ran first time in a group race on bad tacky ground at York that would have been completely against her. I topped up at 4/1 yesterday morning and have gone in again at 7/2 at Hills with their money back as a free bet concession if your selection is second.

    The Cambridgeshire has been a good race for me and although I've gone into previous editions with stronger fancies I have a tracker horse in it and he's well over 20/1 - I'm hardly not gonna back it am I? Express Himself went into the tracker way back in April when he was a fast finishing runner-up in an ordinary handicap at Pontefract. I've backed him in all his starts since despite the fact that I normally take them off my list after a win. That victory came in a very eye catching way at Haydock in July when he managed to get over the line from Birdman despite losing three or four lengths at the start when he was very slowly away. The manner of that win was just enough to keep him in my tracker and the race today should really suit him. He's a fast finishing horse who just about stays 10f and although there isn't a whole lot of pace in this renewal with 35 runners it's difficult to imagine them going a crawl. I got 28/1 on Wednesday and have topped up at 25s, both bets each way for five places.

Cheveley Park Stakes:
Lumiere £30w @ 425/100 and £25w @ 7/2 mbs (won)

Cambridgeshire:
Express Himself £20ew @ 265/10 (lost)

(-307.82)





1 comment:

  1. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3-week-diet-system-review-prem-kumar

    "Electromagnetic pollution (EMF) may be the most significant form of pollution human activity has produced in this century, all the more dangerous because it is invisible and insensible." Andrew Weil, M.D. Remember how the tobacco industry used to have Joe Cool and all that clever marketing convincing people there was no harm in smoking? It was a culturally acceptable thing to do. No harm, no foul right? Then, one day the leak was out and, whoops! It is actually pretty bad for you. So bad that they have to print it on every box now and they were prohibited to market it as they have done in the past. You know it's bad when the FDA gets aggressive against it. They even put out pretty violent visuals of what smoking does for you. Next time you want to take a drag, just look at Google Images under "smoking warning"... it's a drag in itself. But the reality is, smoking is not something you want to do to achieve optimal health.

    ReplyDelete