26/06/2011

Irish Derby

I've thought long and hard about this race and whether or not Seville is worth a bet or not. I backed him at Epsom where he was most disappointing, but there are some reasons for optimism today. His form when second in the Dante was given a boost when the third won at Royal Ascot and it has to be said our Derby was run at a slow space - something totally against Seville, who has a very stamina laden pedigree. Being held up at the rear was also against him. As for the opposition today, I think Carlton House could be a doubtful stayer over theis stiffer track, especially with give in the ground. And Treasure Beach was flattered at Epsom by racing up with that slow gallop. I can't be too confident about my selection given how poorly he did run there so I haven't gone mad stake wise.

Seville £40w @ 72/10 (lost)


(-191.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment