10/06/2011

York - 11th June

A couple of days ago I posted this:

"I had a horse in mind for the Wokingham as well, an animal called Acclamazing. But he's only a 3yo and I don't think he'll get in the race. I'll be keeping my eye on him when he runs again - as long as it's over 6f."

Well, I didn't have to wait long as Acclamazing runs in the 3.15 at the Knavesmire tomorrow. He won a Newmarket Handicap very nicely by almost three lengths in April having gone into the lead inside the final furlong - one of the things I look for in handicappers to follow. He actually ran well in defeat over further at Ascot in his next race, a contest where he ran into trouble. That concerned me slightly when I saw he was drawn in stall number two tomorrow as he's a hold up horse but the stalls are in the centre of the course. I have to be honest, when it comes to handicaps I have horses in mind to follow and when they run I back them - I don't pay much mind to the opposition. This is because the handicaps I get involved in are usually competitive affairs and I'm backing at (usually) 8/1 plus and ultimately my punting history suggests this is an area I do well in.

Acclamazing £60w @ 8/1 (lost)


(-197)

No comments:

Post a Comment