18/06/2011

Royal Ascot - Friday

Interesting day ahead but the punting looks hard. In the Hardwicke I think Await the Dawn is way too short but it's hard finding one to take him on. I might have small each ways on Calvados Blues and Passion for Gold but the O'Brien colt could be something special. Haven't made my mind up yet.

I try not to get involved in Group race sprints but I do like the Wokingham as a betting race and after a study this morning narrowed it down to Fathsta, Mac's Power and Pastoral Player. The latter two I've left alone because of the soft ground but Fathsta is worth an each punt at around 20/1. He won a soft ground 6f handicap at York last year very nicely off 94 and runs off only 98 today having gone down 5lbs since that win on the Knavesmire but it seems to me that the races he's been running in weren't really that suitable. These were listed contests, conditions race and handicaps over either too far (7f here at Ascot) or too short (6f at Goodwood on fast). I'm not sure about his low draw but with most bookies paying five places I'm confident of some sort of collection.

Fathsta £20ew @ 20/1 (lost)


(-151.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment