14/06/2011

Royal Ascot - Wednesday

Fantastic Racing today, and it was nice to chill and watch it with no money on the line. The Queen Anne went the way I expected really but I was impressed with Cityscape in third. He is trained by Roger Charlton, one of my favourite handlers on the flat. He runs Bated Breath in the Golden Jubilee on Saturday, and it's nice to see him in form.
Frankel was impressive considering he was asked to go flat out way too soon and is still a horse I would not oppose.

Anyway, onto Wednesday's action. In the Windsor Forest stakes for fillies over a mile I think Music Show is worth a bet at around 9/1. She has the best overall form of these having won the Matron at Leopardstown last year and only getting beat three lengths by the great Goldikova at Deauville. This season she took the boys on first time out at Sandown where she was beaten by Dick Turpin and the aforementioned Cityscape, no disgrace in that. She then found 10f at York too far for her last month. The two market leaders, Seta and Sajjhaa have always been talking horses - both were favourites for the Guineas and Oaks respectively last year at one point - and are always underpriced. The latter in particular has a middle distance pedigree and I can't see her being at her best over a mile. It's a race with a good betting shape to it because of this. I'm a Dreamer looks the only danger in my book and is worth a cover bet. She was impressive over 9f last time out, although the race was run at a fast pace and being held up this played into her hands a bit.

In the Hunt Cup I have already discussed my reasons for backing Eton Forever in earlier entries. Not brilliantly drawn in stall 15 his price had held up until the favourite was pulled out an hour or so ago. I've topped up and because of the draw issue and the enhanced (five places) place terms have had some of my stake each way.

Music Show £50w @ 9/1 (lost)
I'm a Dreamer £40w @ 5/1 (lost)

Eton Forever £30w @ 17/1 £15ew @ 14/1 (5th)


(-279.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment